Live in West Michigan? Want to meet Jason and Tony (who wouldn’t, right?) or need an excuse to get out of the house for a premium cigar and a fine adult beverage? Well, then, join our monthly get-togethers!
The recurrence pattern simple: We’ll meet on the third Wednesday of every month in 2013, at 7 p.m., at Grand River Cigar in beautiful downtown Grand Rapids, MI. (That’s 131 S. Division, 49503 — near the Cathedral of St. Andrew and just a block north of the Wealthy Street exit from US-131.)
Thus, our dates – for the calendar impaired — are:
- January 16
- February 20 (note, just 6 days after V-Day, so you can enjoy a smoke while you’re still in the dog house for screwing it up with the significant other)
- March 20 (note, the Wednesday between St. Patrick’s Day and Palm Sunday)
- April 17
- May 15
- June 19
- July 17
- August 21
- September 18 (note, three days after Jason’s birthday; gifts optional but appreciated, hahaha)
- October 16
- November 20 (note, Turkey Day is 11/28)
- December 18 (note, Christmas and New Year’s Day are on Wednesdays in 2013)
Rules are simple:
- Attend … no RSVP required. Just lodge your butt in a chair with a stogie.
- Bring friends, we’re an open-invite kind of group.
- If you bring a group of friends, let me know so I can figure out whether I need to inform the lounge owners in advance.
- Purchase your product from the cigar shop when you arrive – no “foreign” cigars, please.
- You aren’t required/expected to bring anything, although no one’s stopping you from bringing a bottle. Or snacks.
- On occasion, Tony and I will bring supplies for brewing a signature cocktail. On occasion, we may podcast (or just have podcasted) on-site.
- Enjoy the libations, but responsibly enough that you’re not going to be a risk to yourself or others on the way home.
Our meetings in 2012 were a lot of fun – thanks to all of you for your support and participation. Looking forward to growing this event in 2013!