Ready to party it up? Try this recipe, based on a formula I found on Teh Interwebz, to bring a nice alcoholic kick to your NYE festivities.
This recipe will make 35 4-oz. servings of a punch that’s fruity but not especially sweet.
- 1.5 L, chilled champagne
- 1 L, chilled carbonated water (club soda)
- 750 mL, chilled white wine
- 12 oz, frozen cranberry juice concentrate
- 12 oz, frozen pink lemonade concentrate
- 6 oz, frozen limeade concentrate
- 4 oz, peach schnapps
- Combine all ingredients in a large punch bowl.
- Garnish to taste — e.g., with lemon slices, mint sprigs, diced apples, etc.
- The flavor and sweetness directly relates to the selection of wines and champagnes. Picking dry wines will lead to a slightly more acidic and less sweet taste; picking a moscato will lead to a more cloying aftertaste.
- Use an ice ring or stones to keep the punch cool. Ice cubes will dilute the punch over time.
- To bring in a hint of mint, add 4 oz. of Fernet Branca; for a bit of licorice, add 2 oz. absinthe.